Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Do I need to take a test to enter the Intensive English Program?
  • No entrance exam is required for the Intensive English Program. Students take placement tests when they arrive to determine which classes will be most appropriate for them.
  • The TOEFL iBT is not offered on campus, but we help students register for the test in nearby San Jose or Santa Cruz. Groups of students often go to one of these locations each session to take the TOEFL.