We now have an online application for your convenience! Below is an overview of how the application and visa process works.
10 Steps to Studying English at the Monterey Institute
- Submit an online or paper application to our office. If you have a TOEFL or IELTS score, you can send it to us separately.
- Within 5 days of receipt of your completed application, you should receive your official acceptance letter from us by email.
- If you require a student visa to come to the United States, you need to get a passport from your home country. Then you will work with our International Student Advisor to obtain an I-20 form.
- Once you receive your I-20, pay your SEVIS fee of $200 and receive your I-901 form, which is your receipt.
- Schedule your visa interview at your nearest embassy or consulate, pay your visa interview fee of $160, and receive your receipt.
- Gather all paperwork and supporting documents for your interview.
- Go to your visa interview. Good luck!
- Receive your visa.
- Make your travel and housing arrangements.
- Come to Monterey!