Prospective and current graduate students outside the Monterey Institute are required to submit an application.
To apply* for the Monterey Institute EPGS program, applicants need to submit the online application* by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. Paper applications are available by request by emailing email@example.com.
*Incoming Monterey Institute students should not submit an application. Please contact us for more information if you are an incoming student.
Before starting the application:
1. Prepare and type your personal statement. You will copy and paste this statement into the application. The personal statement should be approximately 300 words and include:
- your academic background
- your plans for graduate studies
- your personal interests
- your future goals
- the number of semesters you have studied English in high school and college
- Your TOEFL or IELTS test score (we will request verification of this score at a later date)
2. Have a credit card ready to pay the non-refundable application fee of $50.00. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card and Diners Club.
3. When completing the application, select "MIIS English Prep Grad Studies" for application type and "Summer 2013" as the term.
After completing the application:
Applicants need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. Score reports should be sent directly to the Admissions Office of the Monterey Institute of International Studies. For TOEFL score submissions, use the four-digit institution code 4507. A department code is not required.
After applicants are accepted into the EPGS program, they will receive a welcome packet with an official letter of acceptance. For those applicants who require immigration documents, detailed instructions on how to obtain an I-20 document for F-1 visa status will be sent to you upon admission into the program.