ESL Online Application
Before starting the application:
1. We recommend that you download and read the detailed online application instructions.
2. Prepare and type your personal statement. You will copy and paste this statement into the application. The personal statement should be approximately 300 words and include:
- your academic background
- your reasons for studying English
- your personal interests
- your future goals
- the number of semesters you have studied English in high school and college
- If you have taken the TOEFL or IELTS test, please include your most recent score
3. Have your passport nearby and a credit card ready to pay the non-refundable application fee of $50.00. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card and Diners Club.
After completing the application:
Applicants can submit a TOEFL or IELTS score if they have one. Score reports can be sent directly to the Admissions Office of the Monterey Institute of International Studies. For TOEFL score submissions, use the four-digit institution code 4507. A department code is not required. Submission of this score is not required.
After applicants are accepted into the English program, they will receive a welcome packet with an official letter of acceptance. For those applicants who require immigration documents, detailed instructions on how to obtain an I-20 document for F-1 visa status will be sent to you upon admission into the program.