How to Apply
We now have an online application for your convenience! Below is an overview of how the application and visa process works.
10 Steps to Studying English at the Monterey Institute
- Submit an online or paper application to our office. If you have a TOEFL or IELTS score, you can send it to us separately.
- Within 5 days of receipt of your completed application, you should receive your official acceptance letter from us by email.
- If you require a student visa to come to the United States, you need to get a passport from your home country. Then you will work with our International Student Advisor to obtain an I-20 form.
- Once you receive your I-20, pay your SEVIS fee of $200 and receive your I-901 form, which is your receipt.
- Schedule your visa interview at your nearest embassy or consulate, pay your visa interview fee of $160, and receive your receipt.
- Gather all paperwork and supporting documents for your interview.
- Go to your visa interview. Good luck!
- Receive your visa.
- Make your travel and housing arrangements.
- Come to Monterey!