Professor Kathi Bailey of the Monterey Institute of International Studies was awarded the Heinle Outstanding Achievement Award at the National Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages convention in New Orleans last week.
Author and Activist Reza Aslan to Lead Executive Training Course on Social Media
June 15, 2011
The Monterey Institute’s Executive Education program has added a two-day intensive course in “Social Media, Youth Movements and Dynamic Markets” led by the reknowned author and activist Reza Aslan of Aslan Media to its line-up of courses. The course will be held at the Monterey Institute on Friday, July 15 and Saturday, July 16, and content covered will include:
- how to increase public discourse in the United States on news and issues often overlooked by mainstream media
- how to leverage social media, digital media, and other technology to engage, inform, and educate on what matters to your organization
- how to increase your organization’s capacity for action and change
- information on the ever-increasingly dynamic Middle East markets, and youth movements, as potential markets for your organization
- the business and marketing issues that matter the most to entrepreneurs, and what knowledge can ensure sustainable success.
To watch a video of Reza Aslan's recent television appearances click here.
Like this story? Here are a few suggestions:
Amanda Townsend, Arielle Weisman, Amber Slaton, and Lauren Scott worked as an interpreting team at the UN Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean in Santiago, Chile during winter term.