September 9, 2010 - 12:00am
Over the past few weeks, faculty and staff from the Monterey Institute’s James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS) have been quoted in a variety of national and international media contexts regarding nonproliferation and bioterrorism issues:
- 09/07: Dr. Leonard Spector, deputy director of CNS, was interviewed on the popular afternoon show All Things Considered on National Public Radio about United Nations responses to Iran’s nuclear program.
- 09/07: CNS Senior Fellow Dr. Avner Cohen was quoted in the weekend magazine of the Israeli newspaper Haaretz in a special article exploring “bunker mentality” in societies and how that links to security.
- 08/25: Avner Cohen wrote an op-ed article with his colleague Marvin Miller from MIT for the New York Times and a feature article in the September/October issue of Foreign Affairs calling for Israel to openly acknowledge its nuclear weapons program. The Foreign Affairs piece was also written about in numerous other media outlets.
- 08/11: CNS Senior Fellow Jonathan Tucker was quoted in the article Gains in Bioscience Cause Terror Fears in the Wall Street Journal.
- 07/29: Jonathan Tucker was quoted in the article “Biohazard: What the world doesn’t know about germ warfare” by bestselling author David E. Hoffman in the magazine Foreign Policy.