Experts at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies were quoted in the national media this week offering their insights on security issues ranging from nuclear material accountability to a Chinese bid to sell arms to Muammar Qaddafi.
CNS Researchers Quoted by NPR, Haaretz, New York Times, Wall Street Journal
September 9, 2010
Over the past few weeks, faculty and staff from the Monterey Institute’s James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS) have been quoted in a variety of national and international media contexts regarding nonproliferation and bioterrorism issues:
- 09/07: Dr. Leonard Spector, deputy director of CNS, was interviewed on the popular afternoon show All Things Considered on National Public Radio about United Nations responses to Iran’s nuclear program.
- 09/07: CNS Senior Fellow Dr. Avner Cohen was quoted in the weekend magazine of the Israeli newspaper Haaretz in a special article exploring “bunker mentality” in societies and how that links to security.
- 08/25: Avner Cohen wrote an op-ed article with his colleague Marvin Miller from MIT for the New York Times and a feature article in the September/October issue of Foreign Affairs calling for Israel to openly acknowledge its nuclear weapons program. The Foreign Affairs piece was also written about in numerous other media outlets.
- 08/11: CNS Senior Fellow Jonathan Tucker was quoted in the article Gains in Bioscience Cause Terror Fears in the Wall Street Journal.
- 07/29: Jonathan Tucker was quoted in the article “Biohazard: What the world doesn’t know about germ warfare” by bestselling author David E. Hoffman in the magazine Foreign Policy.
Like this story? Here are a few suggestions:
The Monterey Institute’s James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies has launched an interactive website featuring up-to-the-minute analysis of the NPT Review Conference Preparatory Committee meeting in Vienna.