Members of Dr. William Potter’s arms control negotiation simulation class concluded the semester with a conversation with the “New START” treaty’s chief U.S. negotiator, Assistant Secretary of State Rose Gottemoeller.
CNS Researchers Quoted by NPR, Haaretz, New York Times, Wall Street Journal
September 9, 2010
Over the past few weeks, faculty and staff from the Monterey Institute’s James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS) have been quoted in a variety of national and international media contexts regarding nonproliferation and bioterrorism issues:
- 09/07: Dr. Leonard Spector, deputy director of CNS, was interviewed on the popular afternoon show All Things Considered on National Public Radio about United Nations responses to Iran’s nuclear program.
- 09/07: CNS Senior Fellow Dr. Avner Cohen was quoted in the weekend magazine of the Israeli newspaper Haaretz in a special article exploring “bunker mentality” in societies and how that links to security.
- 08/25: Avner Cohen wrote an op-ed article with his colleague Marvin Miller from MIT for the New York Times and a feature article in the September/October issue of Foreign Affairs calling for Israel to openly acknowledge its nuclear weapons program. The Foreign Affairs piece was also written about in numerous other media outlets.
- 08/11: CNS Senior Fellow Jonathan Tucker was quoted in the article Gains in Bioscience Cause Terror Fears in the Wall Street Journal.
- 07/29: Jonathan Tucker was quoted in the article “Biohazard: What the world doesn’t know about germ warfare” by bestselling author David E. Hoffman in the magazine Foreign Policy.
Like this story? Here are a few suggestions:
A group of eight Japanese-American faculty and staff members at the Monterey Institute of International Studies announced a fundraising drive Monday aimed at supporting earthquake relief efforts in Japan.