Photo

Deborah Hicks

Before moving to San Francisco:

Education

1968 - Graduated from Rolling Hills High School in Southern California

1969 - Summer Program at Universidad Ibero Americano in Mexico D.F.

1972 - BA in Art History from University of California at Berkeley

1974-82 - Classes at the Sorbonne

1986 - MA in French Literature at New York University

Employment

ESL to students in Paris

Yves St Laurent - New York headquarters

After moving to San Francisco:

Volunteer Projects:

Larkin Street House (a halfway house for runaway teens): I established and ran a tutoring program to teach English to Hispanic youth

Junior League of San Francisco: chaired a number of community projects committees

Grandparents Who Care (a subsidiary of Edgewood which focuses on improving the quality of life for Hunter’s Point grandparents who have become the main caretakers of grandchildren). I established and ran volunteer programs to assist the grandparents  find employment and to provide after school care and tutoring for the grandchildren.

Children’s Day School: I chaired the school’s first 2 auctions.

French American International School: I chaired the school auction and created  a fundraiser described as a series of prix fixed dinner parties at San Francisco restaurants.

Schools of the Sacred Heart: I chaired the school auction and participated in organizing the annual golf tournament for 3 years.

Stuart Hall High School:  I was a part of the steering committee nominated in June 2010. The focus was to raise funds for the school upon the announcement of the projected closing of the school. In just 3 weeks, we managed to obtain pledges of over 4 million dollars.

Education:

Currently taking Spanish Classes at CCSF

Family:

I have been married to Robin Hicks for 23 years and have 2 sons:

Winslow, class of 2012 at Middlebury College and on the Panthers basketball team

Skyler, class of 2014 at Harvard University